These are the best gay hotels in Amsterdam
We have taken a closer look at the following gay-friendly hotels for you:
- Golden Bear Hotel
- Dikker & Thijs Hotel
- Hotel Amistad
- INK Hotel Amsterdam
- The Albus
- The Toren
- The People’s Hotel
We would love for you to book your accommodation through our Booking.com affiliate link if you like our selection. We then receive a small commission that helps us cover the costs of this blog so we can continue to research and publish recommendations and tips for you. Just click on the name of the hotel and you will be directed to the appropriate hotel where you will find more information about it.
This is how we selected the gay hotels in Amsterdam
To find the best gay hotels in Amsterdam for you, we have tested and compared according to the following criteria. First, we checked the general gay openness to make sure you experience a welcoming and open atmosphere. In addition, of course, the comfort and cleanliness of the rooms as well as the general service played a decisive role in the evaluation. We have also included the location of the hotels in the rating.
In particular, the proximity to attractions, gay bars and transport links. Finally, we have also considered value for money to present a selection of hotels that are both luxurious and affordable. Thanks to this rating system, we can now present you with a list that meets a wide range of needs and budgets.
2 stars from 93€
The Golden Bear Hotel in Amsterdam is particularly exciting for gays, as it has a long history as part of the gay community. Originally one of the most popular gay hotels in Amsterdam, it was taken over by the Quentin Hotel Group and now also attracts backpackers and guests on a smaller budget.
Nevertheless, the hotel has lost none of its gay charm and is in an excellent location, right in the middle of the action and also within walking distance of many gay hotspots, which I will introduce to you below. The rooms are available in luxury twin or double room variants, both room variants are typically somewhat smaller in Amsterdam but can also be booked for a fair price!
- Leidseplein: Just a few minutes’ walk and you’re right in the middle of it all! Leidseplein is the hub of Amsterdam’s nightlife – perfect for turning night into day.
- Rijksmuseum: This world-famous museum is about a 15-minute walk away. An absolute must-see attraction for all art lovers.
- Vondelpark: Around a 10-minute walk away, you can relax in Amsterdam’s largest park. Ideal for taking a break from city life and enjoying nature.
Gay bars, gay cafes and gay clubs close to the hotel:
- Club Church: Only about 1 minute walk! This hip club is the place to be for an unforgettable party night in the gay scene.
- Café ‘t Mandje: This historic and iconic café is about a 5-minute walk away – a real classic in the Amsterdam gay scene.
- PRIK: A gay bar with a great selection of cocktails, delicious sandwiches and a relaxed atmosphere. Only approx. 750m from the hotel!
- Taboo: This modern gay bar is only about 1km from the hotel, is cozy and dark and offers delicious cocktails for under 12€
Transport connections nearby:
The Quentin Golden Bear Hotel in Amsterdam is well connected to the public transport network. Two of the closest stops are:
- Keizersgracht stop: From here you can take streetcar line 2, which will take you directly to Amsterdam Centraal Station. The journey takes around 10 minutes and is a quick and convenient way to get to one of the city’s main transport hubs.
- Leidseplein stop: This stop is also nearby and offers connections to various bus lines that can take you to different parts of the city, including Amsterdam Centraal Station.
Conclusion and evaluation:
At the Golden Bear Hotel you are not only in great hands, but also in the best of company. Whether you want to explore the city’s culture or enjoy the vibrant gay life, you’ve come to the right place!
4 stars from 155€
The Dikker & Thijs Hotel in Amsterdam is particularly known for its historical and architectural heritage. The hotel is located in a classic building on the Prinsengracht, one of the city’s famous canals. It combines traditional Dutch architecture with modern design, offering a unique blend of historical charm and contemporary comfort. The interior design reflects the rich history of the building while offering contemporary style and elegance. This combination makes the Dikker & Thijs Hotel a distinctive and stylish place to stay in Amsterdam.
- Reguliersdwarsstraat: A famous street with many gay bars and clubs, just a 10-minute walk away.
- Museumplein: Houses the Van Gogh Museum and the Stedelijk Museum, just a 15-minute walk away.
- Jordaan district: Known for its picturesque streets and local markets, about a 20-minute walk.
Gay bars, gay cafes and gay clubs nearby:
- SoHo: An English gay pub in the heart of Amsterdam’s gay scene. A popular bar for the gay community, about 10 minutes away.
- Café Montmartre: One of the most popular gay bars in Amsterdam, known for its 80s music
- De Lellebel: A small drag bar where the cross-dressing clientele provides entertainment.
The Dikker & Thijs Hotel offers a fantastic combination of location, style and comfort – ideal for gay travelers who want to experience vibrant Amsterdam.
2 stars from 177€ per night
Hotel Amistad, a budget gay hotel in Amsterdam, also scores with its warm atmosphere and perfect location in the heart of Amsterdam’s gay district. The cozy rooms offer everything you need for a pleasant stay, and the proximity to the best gay bars and clubs is unbeatable. The friendly staff is always helpful and makes sure that you feel completely comfortable.
- Leidseplein: A lively square with many bars, restaurants and theaters.
- Rijksmuseum: One of the most important art museums in the world with works by Rembrandt, Vermeer and other masters.
- Vondelpark: The largest and most famous park in Amsterdam, ideal for relaxation or sports activities.
4 stars from 209€ per night
INK Hotel Amsterdam, one of the best gay hotels in Amsterdam, is a real gem in the city. Here, historical elements and contemporary design merge to create a unique atmosphere that will more than delight you. The rooms are really spacious, quite comfortable and equipped with everything you need for your perfect stay. Its central location and proximity to the hottest gay bars and clubs make it a top choice, especially for gays.
- Dam Square: The famous square in the heart of Amsterdam, surrounded by many historic buildings.
- Royal Palace: The impressive residence of the Dutch royal family.
- De Oude Kerk: Amsterdam’s oldest church, which today serves as an exhibition space for contemporary art.
4 stars from 191€ per night
The Albus is a beautiful gay hotel Amsterdam that stands out for its modern design, sustainable concepts and prime location. Especially the stylish interior as well as the environmentally conscious thinking of the hotel, you will appreciate as an environmentally conscious travel gay. The friendly service and cozy atmosphere complete the offer and ensure an unforgettable stay.
- Rembrandtplein: One of the most famous squares in Amsterdam, surrounded by bars, restaurants and lively nightlife.
- Flower Market: The world’s only floating flower market with a colorful selection of flowers and souvenirs.
- Munttoren: A historic tower and carillon from the 17th century.
4 stars from 295€ per night
Toren, an outstanding gay hotel Amsterdam, is a truly luxurious hotel that will make you feel right at home. From the elegant interior design to the friendly staff that always tries to make your stay as pleasant as possible, this hotel leaves nothing to be desired. You’ll appreciate the opulent style and tasteful details that make The Toren a very special experience. The best part is that despite the upscale ambiance, the price-performance ratio is really excellent.
- Anne Frank House: The former hiding place of Anne Frank and her family during World War II.
- Westerkerk: An impressive Gothic church where Rembrandt is buried.
- Homomonument: a memorial commemorating persecuted LGBT people throughout history.
from 61€ per night
Volkshotel is a gay hotel in Amsterdam that offers a unique blend of design, creativity and affordable luxury. In this hotel you can discover your artistic side while relaxing in the modern and comfortable rooms. The rooftop bar offers breathtaking views of the city, and the hotel’s own club makes for fun and varied evenings.
- Oosterpark: A large park with numerous sculptures, a pond and extensive green areas to relax.
- Tropical Museum: A fascinating museum dedicated to cultures from around the world.
- Dappermarkt: One of the liveliest markets in Amsterdam, where you can discover local specialties and souvenirs.
Which gay bars are close to gay hotels in Amsterdam?
Amsterdam offers an impressive selection of gay bars within walking distance of the suggested hotels. Here are our favorites:
Prik, a modern and stylish bar that attracts a mixed crowd and offers a wide selection of cocktails and snacks. Not far away is also Taboo, a cozy bar in the heart of Amsterdam’s gay district, known for its relaxed atmosphere and friendly staff. For those who prefer a more intimate setting, Café ‘t Mandje is the right choice. This historic bar is Amsterdam’s first gay bar and offers a charming, rustic atmosphere.
The Queens Head is also worth a visit, especially well suited for older audiences. Then there are the weekly drag bingo events. Finally, don’t miss SoHo, a British-inspired gay bar that offers a lively ambiance and eclectic music acts. All of these bars are within easy walking distance of the best gay hotels in Amsterdam in less than 15 minutes.
How to best explore Amsterdam
In Amsterdam, we recommend that you explore the city on foot or by bike to really capture the authentic feel of this fascinating metropolis. The city is known for its picturesque canals, charming alleys and impressive historic buildings, which are best discovered at a leisurely pace.
Bicycling is common in Amsterdam and there are numerous bike rentals that allow you to explore the city like a local. In addition, many of the cool sights and gay bars in Amsterdam are within very good walking distance. Therefore, we have also omitted information about bus and train stations in this article.
You already know all the gay hotels in Amsterdam?
We hope you enjoyed our Amsterdam hotel selection! If you have already experienced Amsterdam or would like to visit another city, the following posts about gay hotels might be interesting for you:
We hope that we could help you with this article in your search for the right gay hotel in Amsterdam and wish you a great time when you are there!